Roto window crank with a broken internal part

A home owner from Kettering, OH says:
Good afternoon,

At my home I have two windows that use Roto parts to open the window using an arm that swings out as you rotate the crank handle. Now I am no expert on windows or the internal mechanisms. All I do know is that I tried one company to replace it and it didn't work. I have attached photos of the mechanism in question, and I hope you can help me identify what I have so that I can get replacements.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I recognize this part. I'm afraid it has been discontinued for some time, but we can still help. We recommend using our 39-091. I actually just replaced one recently this summer. What I found was that I had to make the operator cut out a little taller and wider in the window. Specifically, I had to make it 1/8" wider and taller to fit the 39-091 into the base of the window. I also replaced the rusted sash bracket with the 39-562 sash bracket. We also have a shorter sash bracket, the 39-522, depending on the size you need. Also while you have the sash removed it might be a good time to install the 36-013-10 stainless steel hinge. Look at the other parts listed such as the 39-224 handle and 39-557 sill spacer to mount the operator to the window sill. You may not need these, but they may be worth considering. The opposite side operator is the 39-092, if you need the opposite side.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)