S306-29 doesn't work in my window. What will?

A home owner from Scottsdale says:
I just got my order of a S306-29. This doesnt work the clip or shoe at bottom is to big our clip is smaller so want attach to sash and even when i force it the sas will not close all the way to long of a clip.Please call or email me with a solution hopefully. Thanks
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear your're having trouble. Based on this picture, the shoe on your balance looks closer to our 15-142. If you are handy, you could install this on the Series 306 you purchased using our 62-008 rivets. You could also reuse your old shoe, since it doesn't appear to be damaged. Otherwise, we would need to custom make a balance with the 15-142 specially attached.
A quick learner from Arizona says:
I will look at the 15-142. The picture I sent was from a window that is working correctly that is why no damage. Can you please send me a quote to custom make balance with 15-142 attached. If I do myself I am assuming I would need a rivet tool? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing, can you just tell me how many you need? Once we know that we can send you a custom order link and price quote.

You could use the 75-075 rivet punch, but the point is a little bit large for this rivet. You may be able to find similar tool (with a smaller point) and use a hammer to install this rivet. I would check with a local hardware store if you want to go this route.
A quick learner from Arizona says:
I need 2 thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing. I'll send you an order link and price quote for 2. These use a Red Tip, which is the most common, for sashes weighing 10 through 22 pounds. If your sash weighs something else, let me know and I can change it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)