Safety Locks

A quick learner from united states says:
Hi there!

I'm really hoping you can help with this! We're trying to childproof these vintage windows from the 30s. They have been recently restored so any suggestions of mechanisms that aren't obtrusive would be very much appreciated! We've exhausted so many options so far...

Might you have anyone/anything you can suggest? I have twin toddlers and I'm so concerned...

Thanks!
Darra
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7247.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 61876119065__98207428-9750-409F-BB77-F4AB0C8E444A.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Darra. This is a very old window, so you may not have a lot of options available to you. That said, I do wonder if our 39-398 stop device would suit your purposes. This is basically a little arm that you install on the sill that connects to the sash and prevents it from opening further than 45 degrees. The video below will go into more detail. Would this work for you?

How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.