Sash Lock, Vent Latch, and Weatherstripping Needed

A home owner from Ohio, United States of America says:

Ann

Told that you might have these parts.

1-new fuzzy insulation around window

2-lock at top of window (img 1771) (pic is upside down)

3-cover on side of window that locks window. (img 1770)

If you need more info please let me know.

Hope you can help.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1771.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1770.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in. I believe we can help replace these parts, but we need a little more information to be able to help you.

• For your vent latches, see our 26-122 or 26-219. See if one of these match what you need. 
  • For your sash lock, can you tell us the distance between the center of each mounting hole? Can you also tell us the distance between the center of those mounting holes and the back edge of the housing?
  • By fuzzy insulation, I assume you mean our wool pile. To know what wool pile you might need, you need to remove a sample and measure the size of the base, as well as the height of the pile. Wool pile dimensions can be very specific, often going into the X/32" range, so be as precise as you can. You can view our selection of wool pile here.

I'm going to forget the fuzzy, wool pile. Don't have the patience right now to deal with that. And haven't figured out how to take the window out.

need white in both
would need 4 vent latches and one lock

on the vent latch can't tell the difference on the two you sent. 2nd one didn't have any measurements on it. so if I can get 4, will go with 26-122. though don't see the side view on it but guess they are similar.
Hole is 1 7/8 tall, 1/4 wide, the device is 2 tall, 3/8 wide.

on sash lock sent more photos.
distance between screws is 1 7/8 on img-1776
length of lock is 1 7/8, width is 1 1/4, back half sits over the back plate(img-1778)
window ledge is 1 1/2
hole to back of window is 1 11/16, though might be 1 5/8

distance between screws is 2 on img-1778-9 with slide whole to adjust on it and 1/4 width that sits on sill the same width

Hope I have all this correct. If you need more let me know. if you need me to remeasure something let me know as I might have type wrong.

Didn't realize how many different kinds there are. thank you for your help.

Ann
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1776.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1778.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1779.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1780.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Ann. For your sash lock, take a look at our 90-286. While not stylistically the same, I believe it may work as a substitute; just confirm the dimensions align. For a new keeper, see if you could use our 90-279.

For your vent latches, both product pages for the 26-122 and 26-219 feature dimensions in the pictures on the product page. I am fairly confident one of these is what you need. Let me know what you find.

OK

-sash lock 90-286, need 1 white
-keeper, 90-279, need 1 white
-vent latches 26-122, need 4 white

what will the cost be and what do I do next
Ann
Profile picture of Bob

All of our pricing, including shipping information, can be found directly on our website. You may place an order directly on our website, or you may contact the customer service department and place an order over the phone with a member of our customer service team. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)