Spiral Balance Sash clips

A handy person from Texas says:
Need to know if y'all sell these type of sash clips
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200326_155207.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200326_155143.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We do! That would be our 15-073. It is possible to replace these on your own, but we usually recommend buying an all new balance since it is, to put it bluntly, very frustrating. It's not a stock balance so it would have to be a custom order but otherwise it's a pretty common request. It's ultimately up to you. Let me know how you want to proceed and we can work from there.

I would like to buy all new balances
Profile picture of Tom

Excellent. In that case, let's talk about your photo. It looks like you have two different balances: red tip and white tip. Can you tell me the length and diameter of the metal tube for each? Can you also tell me the length of the internal spiral rod for each? The internal spiral rod should be either 1" or 2" longer than the tube, so keep that in mind when measuring. These three measurement swill allow us to determine the size and base Series to use in this custom order.

Next, can you tell me the weight of the sash supported by the white tip balances? White tips aren't as common as they once were and our records are a little murky on the matter. I want to be 100% sure that we calibrate this spring properly; knowing the sash weight will help us do that.

Finally, how many of each did you need?

I have 2 17" inch red tip and 6 29" inch white tip and 6 29" inch red tip all 3/8 diameter for the tube need asap with the 15-073 clips
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! This information helps but we still need the rest of the details I requested. I need to know the length of the internal spiral rod for each balance. I also need to know the weight of the sash supported by the white tip balances. When we have that information, we can determine exactly what you have and get started on this order.

Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! So we'll be using the Series 300 as the base for each size you need, we'll just be swapping out the bottom shoe that comes with it for our 15-073.

As for color tip options, the Red Tip for a 29" balance supports 10 through 22 pounds. That means I'll be sending you a Red instead of White tips, adding up to 12 Red Tip balances. 

Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions. In the meantime, I'm going to email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)