Sash keepers

A home owner from 19956 says:

On 10/24/22 order # 1969608 I ordered 10 90-183 sash keepers according to the measurements shown on line. The measurement not shown on line is what I am calling the bridge measurement. The bridge measurement on the broken sash keeper is 1 1/4", the bridge measurement on the 10-183 is 1 3/4" Please help

This item is from an Alliance window about 22 years old. Part # on the right hand sweep is 12895

Thank you, Bruce

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 100_0378.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 100_0379.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 100_0381.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 100_0382.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I see what you mean about the bridge being a different size, but I've never known that to be a vital factor. Can you explain exactly why this is preventing our 90-183 from working as a replacement? Would it also be possible to see a photo of the lock you're using? In a worst case scenario, maybe we can provide you with a lock that is compatible with both your window and the new style keeper.

A home owner from 19956 says:
Tom, hope the 2 pictures help. The bridge of the broken keeper fits in between the sweep lock. The replacements will not fit in between the lock and the sweep is too short to come in contact of the new keeper.
Thank you for your time. Have a happy Thanksgiving
Bruce
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 100_0384.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 100_0385.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, of course! The issue lies with the alignment nugs. I should have thought of that. Thanks so much for these photos, that clears things up perfectly.

So, the bad news is that we don't have a version of this keeper with a shorter bridge. However, we sell a number of locks that don't have any alignment nugs at all, so it wouldn't be a factor. My top recommendation would be the 90-180. The shape is a little different, but as long as the hole placement is the same then I think it will work. I can at least guarantee that it's 100% compatible with the 90-183 keeper.

I know this isn't ideal but I do think it's our easiest solution.

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, as well. Please let me know if you had any follow-up questions, I'm happy to help with whatever you needed.

Dimensions for 90-180
Dimensions for 90-180

A quick learner from Delaware says:
Tom, thank you for all your help. If that is the case I think I will cut off the alignment lugs off the ones that I have since I have 10 new keepers. I will keep all your information for future use. Thanks again.
Bruce
Profile picture of Tom

You got it, Bruce! Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.