Sash pivot

A home owner from Chagrin Falls, Ohio says:
hi,

I'm looking for 10 (5 right and 5 left) of these pivots for my windows. The only marking I see on the windows is "The Insulator" located on the window lock. The windows were installed in the early 1980's.

The dimensions (inches) are related to the letters in the photos.

A = 1
B = 1/2
C = 1 1/8
D = 3/16
E = 3/8
F = 7/16
G = 1/4
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo Aug 08, 2 12 55 PM.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo Aug 08, 2 18 46 PM.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo Aug 08, 2 18 59 PM.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo Aug 08, 2 19 10 PM.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for visiting our website. We are not 100% sure on what this hardware is. We'd like to know more information about it. Could we have you show us the shoe and/or balance spring this part interacts with? Thank you.

A home owner from Chagrin Falls, Ohio says:
The quick answer is that it is the sash mounted balance knife lock shoe in my vinyl windows labeled as The Insulator.

It interacts with a channel balance, such as your 27R or 26R, with a 15-041 balance knife lock shoe. I've ordered the channel balance and shoe as part of the repair. But i have several broken cam pivots to repair as well.

Your part no. 26-152 is a similar, but not identical, cam pivot for this type of channel balance and shoe combination.

I can send photos, but they will match the channel balance/shoe described above.

Thanks
Jeff
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional information, Jeff. This was a Solcumb tilt window and the nylon cam pivot hasn't been made since the early 1990's. Unfortunately, they are no longer available. Solcumb never presented a substitute for them. Your decision in going with both our 26-151 and 26-152 cam pivots will work with the side tilt balances, but mounting on the sashes may be a problem.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)