Screen Mesh for Old Style Anderson Windows

A quick learner from Monkton, MD says:
Hello,

We bought the .250 spline from you for our old style Anderson Windows.

Now we need help picking out the screen mesh that will fit in the channel and be usable with our .250 spline.

We want a screening that is reasonably durable, with good visibility, charcoal color, and is reasonably good with insects.

Also, we have 2 sliding doors that are 35" wide. We're assuming that the 36" screening will not be wide enough. Is that correct?

Ginie

Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I usually see the 47-036 charcoal aluminum screen wire in Anderson doors and window screens. However the charcoal aluminum is more expensive and a little harder to work with than the fiberglass screen cloth. Another drawback using the Charcoal Aluminum screen wire is that after a few years it will start to corrode and stain the glass with the oxidation. 

I do believe the 36" width should be fine to use on your patio doors. We also carry the 45-736 invisible fiberglass screen cloth. However I'm not sure if it's worth the added cost compared to the standard fiberglass. 

Finally, we carry the standard 45-036R fiberglass in a 7' long roll, 36" wide. Try the 7' roll first to try your hand at replacing the screen cloth just to see how you feel about it. Also look at the related videos.

A quick learner from Monkton, MD says:
Dave, thank you for the info.

Just to confirm...you are saying the fiberglass screening you discussed in your response to me will fit in an old style Andersen screen window channel using the .250 Foam Spline.

We are planning on ordering the 45-736 invisible screening you referenced in your response to me.

Thanks again,

Ginie
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I think the 45-736 is usable, but I don't think it's worth the cost in your case. I think you should try the 45-036R just to be 100% sure it works before you try experimenting with other types. Even though these meshes should work, they're still not exactly easy to work with. You may find that the invisible screen isn't worth the trouble.

SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.