Screen door handle set

A quick learner from Johnston, RI says:
I was looking at the 40-096 Mortise Screen Door Lock Set and it is pretty close to what I am looking for, except I am replacing a set that doesn't have an interior slide bolt. I am not sure of the correct terminology, but the door handle has a "nose" on it which catches on a bracket that is mounted on the door frame. Do you have something like that?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm having trouble visualizing what you need. Could we see a few pictures of your handle set? This would allow us to look for an exact match, if possible. Please also provide detailed dimensions.
A quick learner says:
The attached image shows the hole where the inside door handle used to be. To the right of the hole is the metal bracket that the "nose" at the end of the handle would catch on to keep the screen door closed.

It is a wooden door.

I probably threw out the door handle (it broke - that's why I am, looking for a replacement). If you need me to, I will try to make a sketch of it and guess at the dimensions. Let me know.

Thanks! Frank
User submitted a photo of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! The 40-096 is a mortise lock where the latch is inside the door. Looking at your photo it appears that you could have a surface mounted lock. This type would latch on to that keeper that is mounted to the side door jamb. You will most likely have to retro fit a different style lock to your door because I don't think we have an exact match. Take a look at the following types and see if you can use any: 40-040, 40-035 and 40-042. Let us know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)