Screen door rollers

A home owner from Salem Oregon says:

Hello,

I'm looking for rollers like shown in the photo for my screen door. I've found these similar rollers locally but they are too wide for the slot in the metal frame. I suppose I have a nonstandard metal frame door, it measures 7/16th inch wide outside to outside. The screen door goes with a vinyl frame slider that is 25 years old. I believe it was made by EPI, the same company that made our vinyl windows.

-Don 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20C70B29-554C-48BF-B498-93DEEBC0256A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 773BE9B6-5429-4673-BA93-22610AF5A53F.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Don,

We've related a few of our rollers that are similar to the example photo you've sent, but all of them measure 3/8" wide. Take a look and see how the dimensions compare to your original roller. If you're still stumped, I would recommend removing and sending us a photo of the original roller, along with precise dimensions so that we can research this for you. Thank you!

Hello,
Here is one of the original rollers. Notice that it is only 5/16 - inch wide rather than the 3/8 - inch version. The original door was made by EPI over 25 years ago. Is there any chance you can get the narrower version that I need?
Thanks, Don
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F84B5BD1-42A5-4879-AB7A-FA053D6545EB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BC7A5C93-86EE-4C84-B62E-9D2A92EDCF68.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this roller isn't made anymore. The manufacturer did make an extra skinny version of this years ago, but as far as we know it's been discontinued for quite some time. 

Despite our best efforts, we haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution. 

Thanks for your efforts to look into this for me. I really appreciate and respect a company that would do this for me.
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.