Screens are loose

A quick learner from Plymouth Minnesota says:
I have screens that are attached with slides into the wood trim. They tend to loosen and not hold. Also just gouge up the wood trim. I would like to use the bottom latch but wondering: 1. Window 36" wide can I use just one in the center. 2. Do you have a video on installation instructions.
Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35727880-2253-4752-95DF-7AF552E5C074.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

To cut a notch into the screen to use the 70-001, which is easy to install, or the 70-172 latch this is a little difficult, you would need to purchase the 75-059 lancing tool. 

Another type of fasteners used would be the 70-056 top hinge hangers, along with the screen pull ring, 70-004, or the clip on-screen latch, 70-204. If you could send us some more photos showing the outside of the window and a better look at the screen clip you now have, we may be able to make a more definitive recommendation. Take a look at the related videos for more information. Thank you!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)