Screw insert for tilt vinyl window spiral balance

A quick learner from Davenport Iowa says:

Hi - I've been installing the new Series 600 balances I bought from you and one of the small plastic blocks that inserts into the window frame broke apart. It's aboout 1/4" square with a hole for the balance mounting screw. It snaps into the frame. I don't see them on your site. I don't want to take one out to get a photo because I figure that it might disintegrate.

Help appreciated.

Thanks!

Ned

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ned. It sounds like you need a new pivot shoe. We can help you find the right replacement, but we can't say which one you need without seeing a photo of yours out of the window--this is also the most reliable way of measuring the width and thickness, crucial dimensions needed for identification. I know it's very brittle, but I encourage you to do the best you can to get one of these shoes out. Otherwise it will be next to impossible to say for sure what you need. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

For help in removing the pivot shoe, see the video floating around below.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.