Searching for 22 9 JU CMC CHANNEL BALANCE

A quick learner says:
Hi. My window channels balance broke apart as you can see from the photos,left & right side. I am trying to find a replacement and I'm hoping you might help me,. The balance is stamped 22 9 JU CMC 1. I also need to replace the hardware, like the pivot lock shoe & pivot bar with the phillips truss head screws. Thank you, Kindly Mr.G Please Help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190509_142906.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190509_142923.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190509_142934.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us! This looks like our 15-116S pivot shoe. Please look over our dimensions and see if you agree. If this shoe is a match, then the balance that connects to it will have to be a custom order. I think it will be our S770-23 with a 62-105 hook at the end. Does that look good to you?

We would also go with a 23F based on your old stamp; this indicates that this balance can support a sash weighing 27 through 30 pounds.

I highly recommend confirming the length of your metal channel to confirm that it's 23" long, and the weight of your sash to confirm that it falls within that range. If so, let me know how many balances you need and we can email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

A quick learner from New York City says:
Hi Tom ,That's fantastic, the shoe is a perfect match ! The balance is exactly 23". I weighed one of the window and it weighs 25 lbs. I like The S770-23- with the 62-105 hook at the end and I think it will do fine,What do you think!. Do you think a little extra weight pull will make a difference ? Please "advise " and make correction . At the moment I am repairing one sash, top and bottom window in the bedroom and later on I plan to do the rest of the house windows as time permit. So at this time I would like to order (4 )Balance-type S770-23 and (4) 15-116S pivot shoe and also the pivot bar with screws if possible.Please send order link and price quote !. Thanks for the answers and for being a great Help. Mr.G
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190514_160100.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190514_160548.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, this is just the info we needed. In that case, we're going to bump you down to the 23E option. This carries 24 through 27 pounds and should be perfect for your sash.

I'll go ahead and shoot over an order link for 4 of these balances. To reiterate, we'll be using our 23E stamped S770-23 but with a 62-105 hook swapped out at the end of the cord.

The order link I'll be emailing you will allow you to add these special balances to your cart as if they were a normal item. From there, you can then add the 15-116S to your cart as well, in addition to anything else you may need.

Thanks once again for considering us and please let us know if you had any questions!

A quick learner from New York City says:
Hi Tom! I just want to say thanks for helping me choose the right channel balance for my windows. I install the channel balances on 5/32/20 and everything work out Great ! better than the old ones stamped 22 9 JU CMC 1. I Plan to replace the old balances on the rest of the house with these type- 23E stamped S770-23 with a 62-105 hook as time permit. Not bad for a baby boomer ! Thanks again, Mr.G
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190531_200045.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190531_195952.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That's great news! Thank you very much for the update. If you ever need anything else, please let us know and we will do our best to help in any way we can.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)