Searching for Old style bifold wooden mirrored door track. Upper track

A quick learner says:

Need to replace upper track for old style wooden mirrored bifold doors. This is for 5 ft . Opening. Also need floor bracket as well as door pins.

I have ordered track before for bedroom bifold. The ga that helped me then did an excellent job of finding track and door parts. Hoping I can replicate that same great service. Thank you in advance for your time and help. Sincerely Rich

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A09AC8C-E06A-402F-9222-A9CC06CFB45D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rich! Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We carry quite a few different wood bifold door tracks, but I'm not certain exactly what size you have here, or what pins are used in the door. Would it be possible to get that information? Note that when I say "size" here, I'm strictly referring to the width and height. You've already covered overall length.

As for seeing the pins, I would ideally like to see them out of the door ahead of time, but I basically just have to see as much of them as you can manage.

In the meantime, you can see our full list of wood bifold door tracks here. They're located towards the bottom of the page. You'll see that we carry several replacement kits, which include tracks, brackets, pins, and everything else. I'm probably going to end up recommending one of these, but what I'm trying to gauge right now is whether these will fit in the space available in your frame and whether the pins will be compatible with your door.

A quick learner from Jesup,Ia says:

Hi Tom, track i need is .750 wide by .750 deep and hopefully white in color.

Bottom pin is a 5/16 threaded insert.(second photo). floor bracket is third photo and is 3inch

in length and 1inch wide and accepts bottom of threaded insert shown in photo 2. Bottom

diameter of threaded pin is .250 by 3/16 long.

Top pins are 3/8 diameter plastic pins 1 3/4 long.

i hope this information is enough so you can locate parts.

thank you sooooo much for your reply. looking forward to talking to you.

sincerely Rich

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized952022091295162038.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized952022091295162106.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized952022091295162129.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for these photos. Hopefully I can help. Based on what I see here, and your description of the issue, I came up with a list of potential replacement parts. 

Start by looking at our 21-402 5' long track, which is 11/16" wide by 5/8" high. Unfortunately it only comes in aluminum. We also have the 23-122 top guide pin, 23-123 top bi-fold door pivot, and 23-231 adjusting pin. 

For a snugger between the doors in the track, I would recommend the 21-277. Finally, you can use the 23-316 for the bottom jamb bracket and for the adjusting pin.

Please review these products and let me know if you agree, or if you had any questions.

A handy person from Jesup,Ia says:

Hi Paul, Thank you soooo much for your time and expertise finding the parts to keep this project on track .Mama will be elated that I am going to get this done. cannot thank you enough

for your time and expertise locating all the parts to accomplish this task. your help is sincerely appreciated. Thank again!!! Rich

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It was my pleasure, Rich. Please let us know if you needed help with any other projects in the future. We're always here to help.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.