Sears screen door latches

A quick learner from 08554 says:
Sears no longer provides these latches. Circa 2001 door. Yet the door is fine I need the complete latch set. My issue the door thickness is 1"-5/8th thick, which is apprently 3/8th thicker door then any latches available today. I do not need a keyed latch.. Can you help?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't know what latch it is you're looking for. Can you start by showing me a couple pictures of the hardware in question? That way we will be on the same page and I'll be better able to help you.

A home owner from 08554 says:
this is the latch that broke and i cannot replace at HomeDepot and other locations. Sears made the screen door circa 2001 and they stopped the hardware for this replac ement. I have come to guess my issue is due to this door being a wider then normal door. Please see the 3 photos attached. Hoping a soon response. Thank you
George
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1080070.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1080068.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1080066.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! This handle set was discontinued a few years ago and is unfortunately not something that we can supply. Instead, I recommend a new handle set like our 40-131. I've been told by other customers that this works well as a substitute, but look it over and see what you think. It was designed to work on doors 1" to 2-1/4" thick, so that won't be a concern.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.