Sears storm window parts

A home owner from Ligonier PA says:
Hello. I have a few Sears storm windows with broken corner parts. I want to replace all 4 corners on the top and bottom. They are plastic and they say Sears
sears sash latch
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please compare your measurements to our 91-169, 91-168, and 95-197. I believe these can work for you, but let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Ligonier, PA says:
Thank you for the reply. It looks good. One question- does part 95-197 work on both the left and right side of the window? I was going to get all 4 corners. Thank you. I just answered my question but looking at your details- the piece is universal and works on both sides.

One more question- the parts on my original Sears corners that protrude and adhere the window to the frame were plastic- these appear to be metal (which I like since mine broke off)- any issues with that difference or did you just manufacturer a better piece?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, our 95-197 top tilt key is neutral and will work for either the left or right hand side. The corners are still plastic, it's only the finger plungers that are metal. We find they work up pretty well. We have yet to receive any complaints regarding the make.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)