Seaway Pivot Shoe

A quick learner from 44035 says:
Back in 2005, I replaced my windows with Seaway Encore Prime Windows. The contractor who did the work has since retired and Seaway no longer makes these windows or any replacement parts. The pivot shoes are approx. 9/16" deep, 1 3/8" high and 1 1/4" across. Seaway recommended that I contact you since the metal piece on one of mine broke off so I'll presume that you have a generic replacement pivot shoe in stock. It would also appear that I'll need two Vinyl Jamb spreaders to get the old pivot shoe out as well.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We will not be able to provide any options on a replacement until we see photos of your pivot shoe completely from the window. We'd also like for you to reconfirm your measurements once the part is removed from the window.

Paul- The only way I can safely get the pivot show out of the track to with the help of a couple of Vinyl Jamb Spreaders. I know you sell these buy is this product more or less a "one size fits all'?
Profile picture of Paul

None of our parts are universal. These are all made specific to measurements and dimensions. We can not recommend an accurate replacement without seeing what it looks like or knowing its measurements. 

I was reluctant to cut into the vinyl but the pivot shoe wasn't coming out any other way. I'll be sending along pictures but I did want to mention that the existing Seaway pivot shoe is 1/2" deep, 1 7/16" high, and 1 1/4" across.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Fornt of the Metal Band Before it Has Been Rewound
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back of Metal Band That attaches to the Back of th
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back View of the Pivot Shoe.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side View of the Pivot Shoe.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Front of the Pivot Shoe.JPG
Profile picture of Paul

Perfect, thanks! Your coil spring pivot shoe is our 15-177. Now, your spring might have sprung up when the pivot shoe broke. If you can rewind it into shape, then chances are you can reuse it. If not you will also need our Series 152 coil spring (which screws on the pivot shoe in one of those top slots). There is a number stamped on the spring you will need when selecting the proper Series 152 option.

I'll probably order some extra pivot shoes just so I have couple on hand. The spring did re-wind back into shape but I will probably order a couple of these as well. I took a look for a number that would be stamped on the spring. I don't see a number but I do see the letter "E" stamped on the spring. Does this help?
Profile picture of Paul

A stamp of "E" usually indicates a strength rating of 5 pounds. Assuming you only have one spring on each side of the sash, that'd indicate a sash weight of 10 pounds altogether. You can always weigh your sash to confirm. The formula is simply dividing the sash weight between how many springs are supporting it. For example, a sash weight of 10 pounds divided by 2 springs would indicate coil springs rated for 5 pounds each.

The replacement parts are now in and the window is operative. I think we are good to go. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Paul

Awesome, glad to hear it! Thank you very much for your order and for the update. If you ever need anything else, you know where to find us.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)