Semco Balance and inside part.

A quick learner from Westerville, OH says:
The plastic part is broken on both sides. Inside sash. And the outside sashes as well. The picture on the side of the sash is a part window I believe.

I would like to know how to order these parts. And, how to replace them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0624.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0626.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0628.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0656.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you need a new balance shoe. I just can't quite make it out from this photo. Would it be possible to see it removed?

For help on how to take this kid of balance out of the window, I recommend watching the video below. We should cover everything here.

I have tried to remove it. But, the window is not like the one in the video. It does not have any screws to remove the interior strip. I am hesitant to remove the jam liner for fear I will destroy it. I don't have the parts to replace the jam liner. Maybe you sell those as well.
Profile picture of Tom

We do not sell jamb liners, unfortunately. It is peculiar that yours doesn't remove the same way. It wouldn't shock me that your window manufacturer designed it to be impossible to repair (I've seen it before and I hate it). Give us a little more time to look into this. I'll show this to my colleague Paul, who has a lot of experience with these kinds of windows. He may have a couple ideas.

Semco is the window brand and the number stamped on the side of the sash is OCS3230 9770. I hope that helps in some way. Thank you for your help!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that that code doesn't help us. Like Tom said, you will need to remove the jamb liners to slide out the ribbed balances to show them to us. 

Because the windows are old, the jamb liners are going to be harder to remove due to the caulking and paint. With both sashes removed, carefully cut away the caulk and paint along the edge. That should allow you to remove the jamb liner as shown in the video.

I was able to take the liners apart. Here are two photos of the broken parts. I am really hoping that you have these parts or can help me find them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0008.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0010.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That looks just like our 15-197 knife lock shoe. Look it over and see if you agree.

Did you just need the shoe, or did you need all new replacement balances? It's possible to replace the shoe by itself, but it can be tricky. You'll have to extend the cord from the balance and lock it in place in a vise. Make sure it's nice and secure; because it's going to be under a lot of pressure, there's a risk that the cord and shoe will snap back to the balance if it's not tightly held in place. After that, it's a simple matter of untying the old shoe off and tying the new shoe back on.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you did want an all new balance. If you did, it will have to be a custom order. I'll have more questions in that scenario, but we can cross that bride when we get there.

That shoe looks like the one I need. I'll order some today. I don't need the balance, it's in good working order.

Thank you, I really appreciate the help!
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, glad to hear it! Thank you very much for ordering with us and please let me know if you ever need anything else. 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.