What crank mechanism will repair my Semco window?

A home owner from Springfield, IL says:
Good morning!
Our home was built in 1989 and there are Semco casement windows throughout. We are in need of 2 replacements window crank mechanisms as well as arms--can you help us identify what we would need?

Thank you!
Micca
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Good morning, Micca! I'm familiar with this type of operator, so I'll do my best to help you out. 

There are actually quite a few different operators that have this same style base. The only difference between them all is the design of the arms. I can't quite make yours out, but from what I can see in that fourth photo I would wager that your operator is close to our  39-031. Review our dimensions below to verify how those arm sizes match up to your original hardware. We also sell the 39-032 for the opposite side.

Dimensions for 39-031
Dimensions for 39-031

A quick learner from Wauconda IL says:
How to remove the Semco casement window operator from the jamb itself. The arms seems to be good but the cranking apparatus does not work. How to remove that whole part, without tearing up the wooden jamb, and what to replace it with? Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid that the only way to remove the operator shown in the pictures above is to pry up the wood trim. That's the only way to access the screws that fasten the operator to the sill.

Fortunately, we have a video that shows you exactly how this can be done, step-by-step. See the video below for more information. Just make sure to be careful prying the trim up, since you don't want to crack the wood on accident.

A home owner from IL says:

I need a replacement mechanism for a casement window as shown in your video

I've included a photo to show the crank window that needs the replacement mechanism. I would like to order the right one if possible. Thank you . 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EDE9CFDF-A714-4F22-9A46-80FC4F887307.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! I feel confident that we can supply this operator to you, but we'll need to see more of the part in question before we can suggest a match. What you show here is only the base, which is a necessary detail, but in addition to that we'll need to see the arm (or arms) that connect to the sash.

Please let me know if that's possible and we can work from there!

A home owner from Normal IL says:
I am responding to a former inquiry that asks that I provide more pictures in order to determine what crank I need
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 05A34BEC-99AE-4244-A7C0-D89C0E8DB947.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BEA0A415-6D7A-4A05-B062-6B43F0B4BBF6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3EA5D0C7-EC10-4327-88BB-BC5AC2E4D476.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

These photos are perfect, thanks! I have a couple different operators for you that may match depending on the length of the arm. Take a look at our 39-013 and 39-014, 39-254E and 39-255E, and finally the 39-027E and 39-028E operators. Compare our dimensions to yours and see if any match what you need.

Dimensions for 39-013
Dimensions for 39-013
Alternate image for 39-254E
Alternate image for 39-254E
Dimensions for 39-027e
Dimensions for 39-027e

A quick learner from CA says:

I need a replacement window crank gear assembly. It turns but the window doesn't open. However, I don't see a part number. The armature that extends to open the window is 8". The window opens out to the Right. Hopefully, this information plus attached pictures give you enough information to identify what is needed to fix the window.

Thanks for the help.

David

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Gear assembly.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Med of Crank.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wide of Crank.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for reaching out to us, David. There won't be a part number printed on your operator, unfortunately. There are codes on the base and arms, but these aren't specific product IDs; any given number is frequently associated with multiple different products, since a lot of these Truth parts share components. The only reliable way to ID these is to go by its physical design.

Based on these images, you appear to have a Truth brand operator with a centered spline. We sell a ton of different operators that have this same exact base, so I'm very confident we sell a good match for you, but all differ in terms of how their arms are configured.

If you can show us a clear picture of the entire operator mechanism removed from the window, we can find you a match. Please let me know if you can get that to me and we can work from there!

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.