Series: AEOLUS 850 SGD AAMA / NWWDA 101 / I.S. 2-97 SGD-R20-96X96

A handy person from Santa Cruz says:
I would like to switch my fixed and sliding doors on this model. It appears that the doors, handle, and the frame for the fixed door are symmetric and this is possible. Am I mistaken? If it is possible I think I simply need some detailed instructions.

We were able to remove the screen, sliding door, and the fixed door but could not remove the frame around the fixed door. The center post had fasteners along it's length from top to bottom which we removed. But we could not get the center post to separate from the overall fixed door frame. It appears the center post should separate to the right in the close up attached. Is there potentially a fastener at bottom and top thru the overall frame into the bottom and top of the center post?

We also could not remove the top and bottom horizontal frame pieces for the fixed door. They both have three square notches/cut-outs but no hardware. Are these pieces pressed/snapped into place? Again, there is no hardware/fasteners.

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named center post of fixed door frame sgd r20 series 850
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named exterior sgd r20 series 850.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I recommend that you take a look at our video on replacing rollers on a vinyl patio door. In the video, we show how clips are used to secure the stationary door into the main frame. 

Basically, you want to look along the back inside edge of the stationary door to see if there are any clips showing. Just a guess, but in some cases manufactures use a fixed type stationary door that's not removable from the frame. This is somewhat uncommon but it happens often enough. Just something to keep in mind.

Take a look at the related video and see if you have the clips or other brackets that secure the stationary door.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.