Silverline Window screen replacement part

A quick learner from Saugus, MA says:

Hi - A couple of years ago we purchased #95-219 to replace the corners in our Silverline window screens to pull them up and down. We see that they no longer are an option here, we do see that someone mentioned the same issue and asked if 95-218 can be used instead. I believe you said "yes" but they are $1.25/ea - we need 60 of them, so that cost is rather high - we notice that you also have part #95-186 for $.37/ea. can we use those instead? Will they hold up well? thank you!

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at the old dimensions and shape of the old 95-219, it had a 1-1/8" overlap on the corner for a 3/4" x 3/8 " screen frame. I believe the 95-246 would be a better substitute along with a 70-128 pull tab. 

Take note that the screen groove on the 95-246 is on the opposite side. You might need to cut out the inside of the corner to install the screen spline. 

Ugh - when we didn't hear from you yesterday, we ordered the other pull tabes. Our order # is: 1396837 - is there anyway you can stop that order and I can order what you recommend? If too late, do you think they can work for us anyway? Thank you!

Sorry about the wait, it has been a very busy season. Fortunately it's not too late at all. We just cancelled your order; it will not go through and you will not be charged.

Thank you so much!!! I totally understand - I'll have my husband check out your reply and we will re-order tonight - thank you again!
Dave - while I have your attention, my husband would like to know if you also have the rubber that holds the screens into the window, he thinks they are 1/8 inch. I can't seem to find anything on your website. thank you!

It sounds like that's a kind of retaining clip, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one that was made of rubber. Either way there are many, many, many different versions of these clips made so I wouldn't be surprised. Every manufacturer makes their own version and even different versions for the same window. They change every year and it can be tough to keep up. Could you show me a picture of it? 

Here is the picture Dave. He's looking for replacements of the rubber casing shown in the picture that is around the screen and holds it in place. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Picture of rubber casing to hold screen in the win

Ooooooooh, I understand now. You need new spline. We definitely carry this in multiple sizes. You can see our entire selection here.

Awesome!!! Thank you so much, my husband will look through the examples tonight and we'll place our order today or tomorrow - thank you again!!! Stay safe!! Best regards, Linda

You got it, I was happy to help! If you ever need anything else feel free to drop me a line.

Will do :-)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)