Similar to 83-116

A quick learner from Huntington Beach says:
Hi
I have a sliding screen door latch that appears almost exactly to your 83-116. I ordered one, however soon realized that where mine has holes in the front for two screws (into the metal frame of the door) the 83-116 has two plastic studs. I tried to cut off the studs and drill holes to make it work, but couldn't get it right. Mine has no plastic handle on the backside. This must be made by Swisco, as they look almost identical otherwise. Any ideas which model I need to order?

Thank You,
Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1350.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1352.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. 

Your handle does looks similar to the 83-116, but without the "snap together" design with the screw bosses. The problem is that I couldn't find your design from any of our sources. This has eluded me pretty thoroughly. Take a look at the 84-230 or 84-231 handles instead to see if one of these could be used on your screen door. They are similar in function but slightly different in the details, so I cannot confirm that they will work. I'm afraid we don't have anything closer, though.

A quick learner from Colorado says:
I think I have the same handle and latch as the OP but with 4 screws instead of 2. Any suggestions? What's the difference between the 84-230 v. 84-231? I can't tell from the diagrams if either of these have 4 v. 2 screws.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

All of the screen door handles suggested only use 2 screws. To be honest, I've never actually seen a handle set use 4. Would it be possible to see photos of your original part?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.