Single Slide Window Spiral Balances Needed

A home owner from Euless, Texas says:

Hello I'm hoping that with the photos attached you can help me determine what I need for new balances.

• The diameter of the balance to visit 3/8.
  • The length of the balance to be is 29 inches.
  • The bracket at the end of the spiral is fixed to the spiral.
I could not find anyway to remove the window sash in order to weigh it. To remove the balances I unscrewed them at the top and simply slid them down the channel of the window frame to the bottom and remove them. I think the sash cannot be removed. 

I spoke to Tim earlier today regarding my non-tilt windows and their balances. I cannot remove the sash. I took Tim's advise and set the sash a scale. My sash weighs roughly around 15 lbs. I have 15 windows with varying dimensions. My intention is to replace the balances of all of the windows but I would like to first try one window for a test drive. I will wait to hear from you with your recommendation and I will place the order. 

Thanks,

Gary

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B6147021-AB64-47AF-B492-76E6FD2459D7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6F00D3D8-4B7C-4052-97F4-3FFA963429D8.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Gary! We can replace this balance, though it will have to be specially made. Your information is thorough, and we're just about ready to get started, but I'd like you to confirm one last detail. Can you tell me the length of the inner spiral? That's a subtle but important measurement. 

I'm basically debating between our S900-29 with a 15-073 shoe, or our S306-29 with a 15-073 shoe. The length of the inner spiral will be the deciding factor. Once you confirm, I will email you a special order link and price quote for 2. Thank you!

A home owner from Euless, Texas says:

Hi Tom,

The length of the inner spiral is 31 inches.

Thank you,

Gary

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect. Sounds like you need an S306-29, since your inner spiral is 2" longer than the tube. I will email you a special order link for 2 immediately.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)