Single hung window balancer/spring

A quick learner from Las Vegas says:
Hi. I need to order new balancer/spring for a single hubg window. I can't find any marking or labels but I attached serveral photos that may help? Hoping you can tell me what I need. Thanks. Randy
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Rudy. Your balance appears to be a type of spiral balance, though I'm not sure exactly what. It looks like it has a plastic cover over the metal tube itself. I would wager the plastic cover isn't part of the mechanism and is simply a cover to help it match the color of the frame, but I could be wrong.

This is an important distinction, though, since the diameter of the outer tube will determine what Series you have. In your case, I think you should be considering the metal tube as the "outer tube." If its diameter is 3/8", I recommend our Series 900 spiral balance. If it's 5/8" or 9/16", see our Series 600 instead.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)