Anderson Sliding Door replacement handle

A quick learner from New York says:
Hello, I am looking for a replacement door handle fro my sliding Anderson doors. I had help before and was sent the wrong handle. Was told to take a side by side so that the correct ones could be located. the one on the left is the old and the right is the one i was sent. the one that was sent had a piece sticking out where it connects to the door while the one I need does not have that. I should have a credit on my account, please advise. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4C76044D-0828-4AD6-A5A5-1C73876C497B.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5FE32ADB-2F1D-4226-84E5-D4CFEA50CD87.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. The handle you bought already is the modern replacement for your old handle, which hasn't been made for many years. I don't think you can get the original anywhere these days.

The new one should have worked. Can you go into more detail as to why it didn't? Andersen made it specifically to replace your original. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.