Sliding Screen Door Rollers

A contractor from Falls Church, VA says:
About a 25 year old screen door on a condo. Rollers are shot. Can't figure out how to get the old roller out or what part to order???
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named XUj5eIxsTue557wEiNCqWw.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named rAh%us2uQeyDk8REnusMCA.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lyu0IPuQQfyK1ol%sLDdow.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mihPDWJBRRaiM41+mgtXLQ.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CvI+TxHYQjiKbxGY3HBiOw.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you have, either. It's possible this may be a type of screen corner roller, where the wheel is built into the corner holding the frame together. If that's the case then it would require taking the whole frame apart to get to it. 

A contractor from Falls Church, VA says:
Is there any way I could just replace the 1" rollers in the fork of the spring mechanism? I already pulled one out.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It really depends. If you have a corner-type roller like I suspect, then that won't be possible. We offer a variety of screen door wheels that could potentially work, but they're all 1" in diameter or above. A few examples are our 84-012, 84-013, 84-014, or 84-017.

You might be able to swap out the wheel by itself, but I'm not optimistic. Odds are you need an all new roller assembly. I just don't know what assembly to recommend without seeing yours out of the door.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.