Sliding glass door rollers.

A home owner from NC says:
Need to replace rollers. Label on inside of doors has these numbers, sgd-r20 series 2000/ 930.
Where can I find replacement parts?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There are a variety of rollers that could act as a possible match. The original company that made your door was Capitol, who used our 81-011. Then they were bought out by Metal Industries, who changed the design and added two other options: the 81-078 or 81-086. You will need to remove your roller from the door to confirm the better match. Let me know which it is!
A quick learner from NC says:
Very good, thank you. Just incase this means anything, the house was built August of 2005 by centex.
I will most likely remove the door this weekend. Will I need to remove the other door or will I be able to remove from the inside?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Most doors made after 2000 have been designed to be removed from the inside. Hopefully yours is, but I can't be sure. Also, don't forget to put down a drop cloth over the floor.
A quick learner from Charlotte, NC says:
I responded to your last email with some photos of the patio door roller. Just wanted to make sure you received it.
I will attach another photo below.
Thank you,
User submitted a photo of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Pete. Thanks for the new picture. It looks like you have an old roller that was discontinued. The manufacturer suggests our 81-245 as a replacement. Carefully go over our dimensions to confirm that they are the same as yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)