Sliding patio door glides

A quick learner from Porterville, Ca. says:

Hi

I recently purchased these from you. I want to know if the these look right by the picture or are they supposed to go above the fuzzy felt. I'm having problems getting my door adjusted right. Not sure as how to adjust the wheels either as to make a smooth operation. How much wheel should be exposed at the bottom of the door?

Also should both wheels have the same distance? Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tony

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0F600F4F-FCF0-45A5-A3A8-99BD1D70BE6F.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Tony. I don't see anything wrong with your installation of the 80-046 at first glance. Do you notice it dragging at all, or getting in the way? Is it loose or falling off?

As for adjusting the rollers, there's no exact science to it. It varies from door to door so it's going to take trial and error to get right. Your main goal should just be to ensure that the door isn't dragging on the track or scraping against the top rail, so adjust accordingly until that's accounted for.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.