Snap in gasket

A quick learner from Bellerose NY says:
This is a piece of plastic that snaps into a frame all around the interior of the storm holds the glass or screen in.its very brittle. And I am afraid to take it out to give you a profile picture. Please let me know if you have this part


User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jackie. Unfortunately, I cannot determine what you have without seeing the profile. That angle is essential when it comes to identifying glazing. All glazing pretty much looks the same while installed. I know it's brittle, but please try your best. We will not be able to find a replacement otherwise. I will also need your measurements.
A quick learner from Queens ny says:
This is actually for my daughters house. I will go on the weekend and pry it out . I will get a profile picture and take measurements.
I will send them to you. Thanks for all your help Tom


A quick learner from Bellerose, NY says:
Here is a picture of the profile. ..the left side Measures 5/8 " the bottom measures 1/2" the right side measures 7/16". I also found a sticker on the frame the door manufacturer is Larson . Let me know if you can help me
User submitted a photo of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I'm afraid we don't carry this, but we have a couple solutions that I actually think may be better in the long run. Take a look at our 70-180 clip, or our 70-098S with a sheet metal screw like our 33-080. A few of these installed on each part of the door can do the same job as this gasket but are much easier to replace, and are less of a hassle. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)