Spiral Springs

A home owner from Houston, Texass says:

I have several identical windows that need the spring replaced. I determined they are 3/8 spiral springs and ordered:

S306-29 : 29" Series 306 Spiral Balance

I ordered the wrong tool. Attached is a picture of the old shoe. It is 3/8" by 3/8" and was damaged on removal. I would like to know if I can order different part number that better matches old shoe. I need to order 6 more springs (with shoe) and correct tool. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Carlos

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance shoe A (2).JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that we don't have an exact match for this bracket, but we have several that are similar in design. You can see our complete selection here. I recommend browsing through here to see if you could get any of these to work as a substitute.

It's important to note that these brackets don't come connected with the balance. Instead, they install directly to the sash. The end of the balance then hooks onto it. If your balance is 3/8", then our Series 400 is what you want.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)