Spiral balance

A contractor from Frostburg, MD says:
My spiral balance is approximately 60 years old and is similar to your Series 400 balances. The difference is the method of attachment to the bottom of the window. The original has a piece of metal with is nailed to the bottom of the window and is attached to the balance with a rivet on the end of the balance. The metal attachment piece is 2 5/8" long. How does the 400 series attache to the bottom of the window? If the original is 19.250" long would this be a 19" or 20" replacement
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You have wood sashes, so you will need Series 500-19 with our metal bracket 17-007. Instead of riveted on the bracket clips on the end of the balance spiral.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Here is a guide that will help clarify:
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)