Spiral balance clip too long

A home owner from Houston, TX says:
Hello, I orderd S306-29 balancesfor my single hung, non-tilting windows. The spiral balances are failing. For the life of me, I cannot find a company in the 4th largest city (Houston) to fix them. Everyone's answer is the same: replace the windows. Which is overkill to me.

So, I have tried to do myself. The problem is that the "clip" on the bottom of the spiral balancer is too long for our windows and the window won't close. See photos of your balancer and the original balancer.

Any suggestions? Do you have another product that might work instead?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0303.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0304.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0305.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We can replace your old balances, but it will have to be a special order. Your clip is more like our 15-073. Before we begin, can you confirm that your old balances all have 29" long tubes with green tips? Can you also confirm you only need 4?

Finally, is there any way you can give us the length of the internal spiral rod? Not the tube, but the rod onto which the 15-073 clips. 

Thank you! Let me know whenever you can. Once we've confirmed this information, I'll email you an order link and price quote.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)