Spiral balance for aluminum window

A handy person from florida says:

Attached are photos of the spiral balance. The window is aluminum, 52" wide. The balance total length is 19.5" including hook. The plastic tube is 17" long. It looks like the #306.

Please let me know the ones I need to order.

Thanks,

Michael 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5-14-2018 226.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5-14-2018 227.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5-14-2018 228.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5-14-2018 229.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Michael. We can replace this, though it will have to be specially made. Before we can continue, can you confirm for me the exact weight of the sash? Can you also tell me how many balances you need?

A quick learner from FL says:

I would need two of them. Can you estimate cost of custom made replacements, and time to produce? At this point I have them installed again and can estimate 25-35 lbs without removing again.

what is the weight spread of the adjustment?

Thanks,

Michael

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I can email you a special order link for two right now, but the sash weight is a concern. Would it be possible to get the exact weight? The absolute strongest we can provide in this length can only support 21 pounds. 25-35 would be way too heavy and your windows would just fall right back down when you open them. Since specially made balances cannot be returned for a refund, it's important we make sure we get you the right hardware. 

Once I know that, I can send you an order link and price quote. The strength of the spring may affect the price so we will need the sash weight first.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)