Spiral balance from 1940s

A quick learner from Wickliffe, Ohio says:
This is the internal spring from a 5/8 tube. Bottom tab wraps around the bottom of the sash held in place by one screw. Tab is broken where screw hole was.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201027_100838.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201027_100900.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. For these old wood window spiral balances, we recommend our Series 500 along with a bracket like our 17-007 or 17-012. We have used this combination to repair wood windows like yours for decades. See what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)