Spiral balance and sash stop

A quick learner from Belmont,MA02478 says:
Hi there,

My spiral balance measured 20¡± in length, the diameter of the tube 1/2¡±. which one should I order,3/8¡± or 5/8¡± ?
My sash stop was 4¡±, but the inner shape was different from the 4¡± one in your catalog. May I still order that and make it fit in some way?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 040F6CF5-B971-4552-B54F-4F17894BF3A5.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Spiral balances are not made with 1/2" diameters but yours looks like it's probably closer to 9/16", which is considered 5/8" in the trade. Take a look at the S600-20 with a red tip option and see how it compares to yours. 

If you would like us to recommend a replacement for your broken pivot shoe as well, we will need to see an undamaged show from the other side or another window, along with the width and thickness of the shoe. 

Your sash stop is probably specific to your window manufacturer do if your dimensions do not match up to our 55-042 or 55-043, you may want to check with a local hardware store that may carry a closer replacement. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)