Spiral balances for WinGard SH700 windows

A home owner from San Juan, Puerto Rico says:
I need to replace some spirals window balances for PGT WinGuard (series SH 700)single hug windows (16 windows in total). The metal tube (with white cover on it)is 30'' long by 5/8'' wide, with a black plastic cap at the bottom of the tube where the spiral comes out. The spiral has a small "balance shoe" with a hook attached at the tip.

The windows are 7 years old and I can't open most of them because the end of the spirals are all rusted out. I wander if there is some kind of bracket or detachable cover (metal or plastic) that could be installed under de window where the spiral ends in order to protect them from rusting out. My windows have a small piece of brown fell or sponge at the corner of the lower frame, under the spiral tip, but this is not enough to protect them from rusting.

The question is; If you can deliver the replacements balances and the white rubber (that the windows have between the two glass pieces of the windows) to San Juan, Puerto Rico? If so, I need to know the cost plus the amount of money for the delivery.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, we can deliver to Puerto Rico, as a matter of fact. I think I have an idea of what you need, but we will need more information to confirm. Your balances will likely need to be custom made. Can you show me a picture of the shoe clip at the end of the balance spiral? Can you also show me the rubber spline from an angle that displays its end? That will help us find what you need.
A home owner from San Juan, Puerto Rico says:
pictures of the shoe clip at the end of the balance spiral
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
A home owner from San Juan, Puerto Rico says:
pictures of the white rubber under the lower frame of the window. And the picture of the small pice of material on the lower outer frame where the balance spiral touches the frame of the window
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Your balance appears to match our Series 600 spiral balance with a black tip, but yours also has a 15-142 clip attached to the end. We could custom make this for you, if you'd like. Can you confirm that this information is correct? Can you also confirm how many you'd need? Once we know that, we can send you a custom order form and price quote.

I'm afraid we cannot supply those rubber pads you show in your second photo. Check with a local hardware store in your area. They might be able to supply something. These filler pads might be something used on window air conditioners to fill the gaps around the unit.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)