Spiral sash balancer selection

A friend from Maine says:
I am upgrading a window in my kitchen and have a newer window that will fit my old opening. I am converting from sash weights to some form of sash balancer. My sash weighs 12.5 lbs. and is 27" tall, it is a wooden sash with the 9/16" groove on the side to accomodate the balancer.I was hoping to purchace some form of spiral sash balancer as I have used such products in the past. I hope you can recommend the proper balancers for my window. I also need to know what hardware is required to install them. Thank you very much.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you would need our Series 500 balance with a red tip. I would recommend 26" for bottom sash and 24" for top sash. That would be S500-26 and S500-24. For the bottom sash clip, you can use either our 17-007 or 17-012.
A friend from Maine says:
Thank you for the information on balancer selection. Is the bottom sash clip the only other part I need for installation? If there is anything else required I'd like to know before I place an order. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Of course, it's our pleasure! As for anything else that might be helpful, I do recommend you take a look at our 75-005 Spiral balance Charging Tool for non-tilt windows. You will need it to add tension to your balance.

You might also want to look at our guide on how to Adjust Spiral Balances for Non-Tilt Windows. This may help you during installation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.