Spring window balance for wooden double hung window

A handy person from Bedford Hills, NY says:

I am looking to replace the window balance on my wooden double hung windows. It appears to be a spring balance, and attached to the jamb at the top with a screw, then at the bottom, it has a hinge with a metal tab that screws to the bottom of the sash. It appears to 9/16 in diameter. It has a cheap plastic cover that has become brittle and is cracked; underneath is the metal spring.

Please let me know if you carry this type of balance and how much it costs for replacement?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200905_081854140.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200905_081907903_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200905_083225183.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200905_083252117.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Ken. Check out our Series 500 5/8" Spiral Balance for Non-Tilt Windows. This is often used with older wood windows. It tends to use brackets like the 17-007  or 17-012. Look it over and let me know if you think this matches up. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)