Stanley 00-5024

A home owner from USA says:
I'm looking for a replacement part for the part listed above.
User submitted photos of a mirror closet door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Your roller is no longer made, but you may be able to use our 23-222B as a substitute. This is the part Stanley has made to replace your old roller. Look it over and see what you think.
A landlord from Waukegan Illinois says:
The 23-222B did not fit my Stanley mirror doors having a top roller 00-5024. the doors were installed in 2004. It differed in several ways:

1. The tab on the side was at the wrong elevation for the receiving hole in the steel door frame. Perhaps I could cut a new hole.

2. the original roller had a spring action to push the roller into the side of the top rail.

3. Fatal: The original has a vertical tab at the top that fits into a groove at the top of the door. The vertical tab on the replacement is not at the correct location.
Profile picture of Ben
Ben from SWISCO responded:
If the installation tabs on the 23-222B cannot be inserted properly, then try screwing the roller onto the frame.

As well, we are sorry you're having trouble, but Stanley discontinued the roller you have, and 23-222B is the only replacement. Stanley, for whatever reason, altered the design of the roller, and it simply won't work on some older tracks. We know for a fact that the 23-222B will fit into our 23-246, which is a more modern track replacement. If you can't adapt the 23-222B to work with the old track, you would need the new one, 23-246.

Do you think you need to replace the top track, or can you make the roller work with the old track?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)