Storm door handle

A home owner from Tacoma, WA says:
Hi! I see the recommendations for the replacement interior handle for part #0250-1, which is great thank you!

I'm wondering if you have a new lock insert or an entire new handle that is like the one pictured. The handle is 8" tall, very solid.

We're new to the home and don't have the key.

Should we replace the whole set, get it rekeyed or buy a lock insert and a replacement interior handle?

Thanks so much for any help! Susan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B8708DB5-31E2-4F92-8967-AB8354727EA6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A3A1495C-0576-4D42-BF96-B8352F41B7E2.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Susan!

Thanks for reaching out. If your handle is in working and all you needed is the key, we recommend contacting a local locksmith for assistance. Otherwise, you could consider the 40-076 square key plug that fits most storm door locks with the same shape push button. I'm afraid we only carry this in black, however, so it won't match the white handle you have now. 

If you decided to replace the whole handle set, I recommend you take a look at our 40-034K with 1-3/4" hole center spacing. Look over the dimensions for our parts and compare them with yours to see what you think. 

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.