Stronger Balance than an S500-28 with a blue tip?

A quick learner says:
The 28" Blue S500 series balances are breaking.
If we don't turn 5 times the sash will not stay up.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Sometimes it takes a few extra turns in order to give a spiral balance its needed tension. However, are the balances breaking under the weight of the sash even though you've fully charged them? How are they breaking, exactly?

Two 28" spiral balances with a Blue Tip can support a window sash weight of 12 through 31 pounds. How heavy is your sash? If we need to give you stronger tips, we need to know exactly how heavy your sash is.
A quick learner says:
When I first contacted your company I provide you with the sash weight. The weight is 26 pounds and you responded with s500 red or blue tip. I picked blue. We have only had 1 balance break.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. The Blue Tip is definitely the appropriate tip for that sash weight. Like I said, it's not a problem if you have to charge the balance a few extra turns to keep it up. Sometimes it's necessary. How did the one balance break when it did?
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.