Swap Out Balance Screw Plug With Clip Attachment

A home owner from Georgetown, Texas says:
I just purchased two 27-inch Swisco series 795 channel balances. These channel balances come with a screw-in clip on top. However, my window frame has a slot for hanging a clip rather than a screw hole. The clips on my existing balances appear to be identical to your balance clip attachment, product code 15-198. Can you give me instructions on how to replace the screw-in clip with the balance clip attachment? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Great question. We definitely can give you some instructions to get you going on the right track. First, you will need locking pliers or another set of pliers that offer a locking grip. Once you have that, pull the screw on clip attached to the cord about six inches and lock it with the locking pliers. From there, you should be able to untie and change the clips. I hope this helps you. Make sure to get back to us and let us know how you made out.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.