Swivel or Tilt Post for Storm Window Patent No. 2818610

A home owner from Towson MD 21204 says:
Hello...have several storm windows, think relatively old, in good shape but the top swivel key node is broken off. Looks to be a 1-1/4" total length, with the node being 1/4". It is abt 3/16" tall and wide outside of the block to screw it in from the top of the storm into the vertical channel. in pic labelled swivel 5 I have one of the intact and one broken swivel. not sure of these are called swivel or tilts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swivel 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swivel 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swivel 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swivel 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swivel 6.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This pivot looks very similar to our 95-194. Look it over and let me know what you think. It's obviously a little different, but I think it's our best match.

Actually this was the closest one I could find in your product listing. The plastic stabilizing extension going into the channel is obviously a lot shorter, but should do the same job. I will order a few of them and give them a try. Will let you know how it works out. Thanks for confirming.
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good! I'd love to hear how it works out. I'm sure confirmation would be a big help to other people who may be in the same boat.

It worked. As noted it is not an exact match, the original tilt protuberances were centered whereas this one is set to one side. The original has almost an inch long support that went into the channel and this one is only about 1/4". But they fit and work fine, so all is good. Thanks for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swivel 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Storm Window Swivel.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear it worked. Thank you very much for the confirmation, which I'm sure will help others in the future.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.