The thing at the top of the window channel???

A quick learner from Los Angeles says:


I have no idea what these are called. I noticed on one of my windows they are a different color. They are white and the windows are almond. I don't know if you can match the color or I should just be happy with the mismatched color of the ones I have. Should they be the same size for right and left sides of the window?


Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/9/2020, 2:51:06 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/9/2020, 2:51:25 PM.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Anne. This is called a Sash Stop. It keeps from the window from going so high, as you may have surmised. We only carry a few of these, such as our 55-042, 55-043, or 55-110; the end profile or 'cross-section' dimensions must match. The color of the existing ones doesn't really matter, but it certainly would be best if they were the same length on each side of the window sash. These aren't necessarily critical to window function, but if ours don't match what you have a local hardware store may be able to assist you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)