Thermalgard windows from Seasonall

A handy person from Central Pennsylvania says:
I have a number of THermalgard windows from Seasonall. THey will no longer stay up, when we open them. THese are triple pane glass so I would like to keep them working. A number are fogged now from being dropped very hard, I think. Can you help me ?

Jim
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

It sounds like the sash support balances have worn out. We can help you replace the balances but you will need to visit a local window repair show to replace the fogged insulated glass. Thermal Guard windows are not easy windows to work with, so you may have to call around locally to find a repair shop or contractor that can fix your type of window.

If you would like to replace the sash balances, send us some pictures of your current balances to research. The balances are in the master window frame on the side of each window sash.
A handy person from Central PA says:
Thank you for your response. THey are definitely spiral balances. Once I measure these, how easy are they to replace ? Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul

It is pretty easy to install replacement spiral balances. You will only need a phillips screwdriver and a tilt window spiral balance tool. You basically unhook the spiral balance from the pivot lock shoe. Then unscrew the balance from the frame. Next, you would screw in the new balance. Rotate the spiral about three rotations (to tension the spring) and then hook it into the pivot lock shoe.

Here is a guide on tilt window spiral balances.

Here is a guide on how to remove the window sash from the window frame.

Let me know if you have any questions.

A quick learner from Newark, Ohio says:
We had our windows replaced with Thermal Gard made by Season-All. One of our widows had both locks break and the window slid down. Where can I buy replacement locks?
I made a couple replacements which are working but I would like to get real replacements.
Any help would be appreciated.
Charlie
Profile picture of Paul
Charlie, are you referring to window locks or window balances? It sounds like you're referring to window balances (what allow you to raise and lower your windows, locking them in place).
A quick learner from Newark, Ohio says:
The parts I referenced were the locks that swivel into slots on the other window. They are screwed into the top of the window and lock the two windows together. Two to a window. While I am at it, I would like to replace them on two windows therefore I would need four(4) replacements. Thanks for the quick response.
Charlie
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Charlie, to get started, please remove one balance from each window and take photos of them so you can upload them for us to take a look. Be sure to include any markings you may find on the balances.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.