This is not a rivnut.

A handy person from Mountain West says:
The term "rivnut" is a shortened reference to a "rivet nut".
A rivet nut is designed to penetrate thin material and mushroom out on the back side to anchor itself in place. It is a method to provide a threaded base into material that would otherwise be too thin to support a threaded fastener.

These little inserts that you are offering, lovely and handy as they may be, are not rivnuts. They are basically 'wood-borne threaded inserts', or 'barbed wood nuts'. Even to borrow the popular term "wood insert nut" for this description, might be a better name for them.

You offer wonderful things, that one will not easily find at the local big-and-orange store. Keep up the good work.
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at