Thumb Lock Lever on Pella sliding glass door (model with blinds inside panes of glass

A quick learner from New Tork says:
The door is in the LOCKED position. The Thumb Lock lever freely spins without opening the lock. Is this part easy to replace by a novice, or should I have a service person come to do the repair?

Thank you for your help.
Joanne
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Joanne. I personally find the 83-122 set to be very simple to install. It only takes one screw, and the bulk of the handle keeps the internal parts "sandwiched" to the door. That's really all there is to it.

A quick learner from New Tork says:
You say a screen door. The broken thumb lock is on the sliding glass door. Is this the same part number for a glass sliding door?

Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry for misunderstanding. You had posted this question under our 83-122, which is used exclusively for screen doors. I don't think I've ever seen this used on a glass door. Can you confirm that this is what you have?

If not, can you show me a photo of the part in question?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.