Tilt Latch ID

A home owner from rhode island says:
I believe these are American Craftsman windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200508_095344.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our 26-408 Tilt Latch Pair. Look over this set and see if they match what you need.

A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
I tried taking a picture a few weeks ago and unfortunately I guess the ones ordered won't fit. I should've removed the broken ones first then sent a picture. This is what the window looks like with it removed. Hopefully there is a part for this window.
Profile picture of Bob

Sorry to hear the 26-408 didn't work for you. See our 26-266 and 26-267. Carefully go over all the dimensions in comparison to an undamaged version of your tilt latch, preferably out of the window. Let me know how they differ in any way. 

First I would like to thank you for taking the time during the day to help me. Its really appreciated! I'm sorry I don't know the correct terminology for the windows. Carpentry, etc isnt my strong suit in life. That being said, I took a couple more pictures. One thing I'd like to try to explain is I get how these parts are supposed to slide into the window frame from the side. Only thing is my windows don't have a cut out or werent formed when made to slide a replacement in. Hopefully you can see the hole the latches piece to hold the window in doesnt allow latch to slide in from the side. The window panes frame doesn't seem to allow replacement part to slide in from the side unless I'm missing something. Hopefully new pictures will help explain.

Thank you
John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200603_105131.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200603_105135.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

These usually install from the top and click in. If you look at the image below, you'll see how the hole looks when the tilt latch is out. The 26-408 has a kind of gap in the front that pinches around that strip of vinyl on the far right side. I'll also provide an image of that to show you what I mean.

26-408space
tiltlatch2
The 26-408 "scoops" into that gap at an angle. To be honest, I've never personally removed this latch myself (it's already broken by the time I get to it), but I would imagine you would use a screwdriver to "unclick" it out of place and slide the back end out first. Does that make sense? In that case, I'm not convinced that the 26-408 isn't what you need after all. 
Makes perfect sense now actually. I'll order some of these. Thanks again for everything!

John
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good John! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.