Tilt Window

A home owner from Peoria,il says:
I have no idea what these are and how to replace them. It looks like the just screw in but I wasnt sure. The plastic has become so brittle that it just shatters as I touch it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16180046259421834791759661467328.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16180046563016297757265898497278.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16180046766585679111261303335104.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This is called a coil balance system. It regulates the opening and closing of the window. We can help replace whatever components to this system you require, but it would be best to remove it from the window and to show us everything, including the pivot shoe the coils attach to. The identity of that shoe will tell us everything else you need. See the video below. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.