Tilt Window Hardware

A handy person from Marco Island says:
I am searching for replacement hardware for tilt windows installed in a condominium on Marco Island, FL built in 1997.

The building drawings specify Binnings Pan American aluminum windows or equivalent.

The only numbers are on the support balances.

The windows are 1 inch in depth. The lever works inward to release the wedge shaped latch to allow the window to tilt. The lever may be pushed outward to extend a square latch that fits into a hole in the window frame for locking. I am attaching pictures. They must have been too large for upload on your website as repeated attempts failed.

I am a Board member of the condo association and we had several windows damaged from hurricane Irma, and we are interested in availability of replacement parts.

Thanks,
Bill W
Tilt window hardware
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
For the balance system, see our is our Series 770 channel balance. The 1" wide pivot shoe could either be our 15-167 or 15-179 depending on the thickness. As for the tilt latch, I'm afraid I haven't been able to find anything that matches this. Thank you for posting. I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for this latch. To be honest, you may be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. We find it to be an easier solution for sashes like yours. Let me know what you think!
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.